When clients structure a not-for-profit organization, many factors should be considered to ensure that the needs and purposes of the organization fit the legal requirements to obtain and keep tax-free status. Not-for-profit law is nuanced and requires experienced practitioners to prevent time-consuming missteps. Our services include:
- Providing guidance on best practices for filing your entity.
- Obtaining and maintaining tax-exempt status (in close collaboration with your tax advisor and accountant)
- Assisting with board composition and governance issues
- Preparing conflicts of interest policies and procedures
- General business operations and issues